ISO 50001 is the international standard for Energy Management Systems (EnMS). Successful implementation will provide a robust framework for your organization to continually improve energy performance and reduce costs. ISO is the International Organization for Standardization. ISO standards provide solutions and achieve benefits for almost all sectors of activity. ISO 50001 is an excellent framework to implement Energy Management System(EnMS). Many organizations around the world are implementing ISO 50001 to energy consumption and cost. Implementing ISO 50001 will provide a systematic approach to energy management and sustainability.
Implement ISO 50001 Energy Management System in your organization and demonstrate that you are committed to continuously improving energy performance. With an ISO 50001 Energy Management System, you can become energy efficient and reduce carbon dioxide emission effectively. This can lead to reduced energy cost and better profit for the organization. Successful implementation can also help in increasing the awareness among the employees regarding energy conservation.
Benefits of ISO 50001 implementation:
- Reduction in energy consumption- Implementing ISO 50001 will give help any organisation to sustain the energy savings for a longer period of time. A proper implementation will help to identify the energy usage patter, when and how th energy is consumed and identify ways to reduce energy consumption.
- Energy cost reduction- The reduction in energy consumption due to EnMS will result in reducing energy cost, which is visible in the energy bills. Considering the cost of implementing EnMS, the energy cost reduction from energy savings have an upper hand most of the time. In some cases, a well planned implementation given more savings than expected.
- Energy Management Framework- A energy management system in place shows how an organization is working towards energy conservation and sustainability. It provides the structured policies, processes, procedures and action plans to implement energy saving opportunities.
- Emission reduction- Reducing the energy consumption helps in reducing the carbon emission. The carbon footprint of any organisation will come down after successful implementation of energy management system.
- The reputation of organisation- An ISO 50001 certified organisation receives a better reputation among its competitors and customers. A certified company is an example for commitment towards energy conservation and sustainable development.