Electrical Safety Assessment deals with analyzing the safety of electrical installations in a facility. It is applicable for Industries, Power sector, Service sectors such as IT Parks, Hotels, Hospitals, Telecommunications and much more. The electrical safety assessment concentrates on current electrical safety conditions and chose other safety measures for the facility. Electrical safety assessment is conducted in a facility to ensure that electrical establishment is working in an electrically safe way and are meeting their commitments.
Electrical safety assessment helps in
1) Identifying electrical hazards to limit the danger of accidents like fire because of short-circuiting
2) Identifying areas of risk or weakness in electrical frameworks and installations
3) Ensuring durability of costly electronic equipment like PCs and different machines
4) Development of a dynamic record of security execution
5) Ensuring consistency with Regulatory and industry safety related accepted procedures
The key element in any electrical safety system is earthing. Proper designing, commissioning and maintaining is essential for a safer working environment. But due to various reasons, many fail to maintain their earthing system as per the standards and requirements.
Why earthing is important?
- Essential for the safe operation of the electrical systems/equipment.
- Current will flow to earth in case of any fault which reduces the risk of accidents.
What we can do?
- A complete inspection of the earthing system based on IS/IEC 62305 & NBC 2016.
- Calculation of complete earthing system required for the premises.
- Compliance checking with the existing system with a design
- Measurement of earth pit resistance, earth loop impedance to determine the health of the earthing system.
- Identification of faults in the earthing system
- A report including recommendations and major observation to increase the reliability of the earthing system.
- The best practices/standards to be followed for the efficient earthing system will be included in the report.